Wednesday, September 8, 2010

THREE FOR THURSDAY: 3 FLOWER CLOSE-UPS

Justicia fulvicoma: can bloom in shade here in Houston. A close cousin to the Shrimp plant. I wish I had more of this little guy.
Asclepias curassavica; attracts Monarch butterflies
Stachytarpheta jamaicensis; Purple Porter Weed
I just got this one from Buchanan's Native Plants on 11th Street. There was a hummingbird drinking from the display flowers. That sold me on the spot! :-)

As always, a thank-you to my blog friend Cindy at My Corner of Katy for the great idea and format. She's on the favorites side bar. Go visit ASAP!
Do you have 3 garden photos of something? Join in the fun. Three favorite weeds to pull, 3 garden art shots, 3 bugs that bug you...anything is fair game. :-)

That's it from here. Also, I'd like to thank my new best friend Hermine for bringing us 2.85" of rain and breaking our 40 day dry spell. Hermine is making rainy day friends all over Central Texas and now Oklahoma.
We should name cool fronts that hit Southern Texas. Cold Front Agnes ...already came and went
Cold Front Bob...we're WAITING..hurry up BOB!

1 comment:

  1. David, this threesome is stunning. Must look up the Purple Porter Weed, anything for my hummer friends. And wish I had friends named Hermine, Agnes and Bob pay my garden a visit.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments & questions! Happy Gardening from David/ Tropical Texana

Related Posts with Thumbnails