Monday, December 6, 2010

PAVERS AT TROPICAL TEXANA ~ CREATING MY OWN PATH

Part 1: The journey is the thing, or so they say. Here are some photos of the backyard paths I've created. I use two sizes of pavers, old bricks from my dad, and stones I find interesting. It's still a work in progress and I complete a little more of it each winter. I'm nearing the end (of the project I mean, not my life LOL)...perhaps by next winter.  This is the most organized part of the garden; the part visitors see out the back windows. We also have plenty of natural paths the further you get away from the house, especially in the wildlife/nature areas.



Part 2: So how does this project make me feel? I don't really like answering this question, but a garden blog  about  facts and photos would not tell the whole story. I feel a sense of accomplishment when I look back at this 7 year project. But I also think that if I ever were to sell this house, would the new owner even bother to look down and wonder who made all of this. My dream is to interview that person (hopefully many, many years from now) and ask them how they like the garden. I'd want the place to go to a true gardener that had the same ideas and kindred spirit. I've left 3 gardens behind, but those were only a 2 or 3 year garden. Tropical Texana is a 25 year garden. Garden and Gardener are pretty much interwoven at this point, so it would be like losing a part of myself to leave such a place to a new owner. That's how I feel.

3 comments:

  1. Best not to think about it. Leaving your garden is a sad thing. I have a feeling that no one else can truly appreciate all the sweat and love that you put into your garden, even another gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even begin to comprehend the feelings involved in leaving my garden, and I've only been here 5 years not 25!

    (nice work btw!)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments & questions! Happy Gardening from David/ Tropical Texana

Related Posts with Thumbnails