Wednesday, December 8, 2010

ONE YEAR AGO AND MY TROPICAL GARDENING FRIENDS DOWN SOUTH

I always keep tabs with a lot of weather stations in the vicinity of my garden blog friends. Looks like Mary in Louisiana took a hit as well as a bunch of my friends in central Florida.  Here's hoping that the frost damage wasn't too severe.
I'm still above the 32 degree mark so far this season, but here's a picture of what we were facing one year ago. I was downtown at a Convention and watched it snow ALL DAY. I had no time to bring in the plants and covering them with blankets while THEY were covered with snow...uh...seemed just plain senseless. Still...it was quite beautiful. It has snowed here about 5 times in my lifetime.


4 comments:

  1. Now, that just does not look natural, to have snow on that clump of plants! I do feel bad for those who are experiencing abnormally cold temps. It's supposed to be cold here in Nebraska. I hope you don't have a repeat of last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks surrealistic, with your exotic plants and the snow. But I understand it is very unusual with snow. Here it's more snow than usual, the weather is like it usually is in january, snow, frost and windy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love some of that cool weather down here. I left Miami on Tuesday and it was coooold, brrrrrr. Now am bitching about the heat, can please us humans at all. Hope that your plants survive the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we were hit here in my part of SW-Central Florida. Ugh. You are lucky to be having mild weather. But snow last year in December! Wow! I agree...It's pretty cool-looking on those tropical palm leaves.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments & questions! Happy Gardening from David/ Tropical Texana

Related Posts with Thumbnails