My favorite posts might seem a bit unusual....sorta like a lizard on our hummingbird feeder.
This guy loved to drink the sugar water and eat the ants!
1. An artist garden for June: I had NOTHING much in bloom due to a drought, so I had to improvise. Necessity is the mother of invention and the stones and flowers together were much cooler than I had imagined. http://tropicaltexana.blogspot.com/2011/06/artist-garden-for-june-happy-garden.html
2. A Plea to Keep Things Wild: I still remember the morning I looked out and saw these blue flowers in my backyard. Seeing a UFO would have been less shocking. http://tropicaltexana.blogspot.com/2011/05/plea-to-keep-things-wild-happy-macro.html
3. Wildflower Beauties by the Bayou: What a surprise to see these amidst the tall grasses. We were with our friend Rita and she thought it was funny that I kept crawling around on the ground to take pictures! http://tropicaltexana.blogspot.com/2011/03/wildflowers-beauties-by-bayou-happy.html
4. Time to Post this Cartoon: What a nightmare. Google linked this with the outside world and I suddenly had huge daily hits. A Tropical Garden Blog famous for a Blizzard cartoon? I think not. I put it in mothballs for a couple of months. http://tropicaltexana.blogspot.com/2011/02/time-to-post-this-cartoon-we-must.html
5. A Screech Owl Two Steps Away: I'm still amazed this happened....my best wildlife memory of the past year.
6. Thoughts on Getting A Few Chickens for the Garden: It’s the best thing we’ve done in years. Chickens are so relaxing to be around…much cheaper than a therapist. Plus, you get fresh eggs and a comedy show every evening!
7. Original Haiku: Garden Muse Day: My garden friend, Carolyn, has a garden poem meme each month. I remember being so nervous when I posted this. Poetry was a stretch for me, but I took the plunge. http://tropicaltexana.blogspot.com/2010/11/garden-bloggers-muse-day-original-haiku.html
8. Tiny Satellite Dish: Oh yes! I remember the very moment I switched over to the new camera with the excellent macro feature. It took my breath away to see this photo. I thought,” Did I do that?”
9. Garden Emotions: Way Up, Way Down. I still hate this post, but I needed to do it. It was quite cathartic. This was the time I found a poor dove attacked by a hawk in my yard. It was almost dead, so I made it comfortable for its last hours in my garden. Gardening is an emotional experience. http://tropicaltexana.blogspot.com/2010/08/garden-emotions-todayway-up-way-down.html
10. MY FIRST POST: Rain, Rain, Go Away! Oh, the irony of this post one year ago. Imagine 12 inches of rain in one month. http://tropicaltexana.blogspot.com/2010/07/rain-rain-go-away.html
Thanks for stopping by and being part of my first year of blogging! I love visitors. David/ :-)