Friday, July 1, 2011

GARDEN MUSE DAY FOR JULY: A POEM ABOUT A POND

My wife took this gorgeous photo at the International Waterlily Garden in San Angelo, Texas.

Waterlilies in San Angelo Texas

Cove Creek in Pisgah National Forest near Asheville, North Carolina

Where is the Water Going? 
original poem by David/ Tropical Texana
written 2/10/1980

Where is the water going?
in the stream,
in the river,
in the street outside my door.

Always the water swirls
and swishes, gurgles
and glistens with movement.
Always rushing down
as if to meet some long,
lost lover.

Where is the water going?
will it ever be still, or
ever stop that relentless
search for its salty mother? 

Just so-I think,
Where are the people going?
Will we ever be still,
like a garden pond,
a quiet pond
filled with life
and in no hurry.
Our garden pond at Tropical Texana
This week it's filled with tadpoles.

Thanks for stopping by. And please go visit Carolyn, the originator of Garden Muse Day, at her lovely garden blog found here:

Maybe you'll join in sometime!
David/ :-)




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shots! Thank you for your compliments on my pics.....I'll look into this once I get back home. I'm still in Panama yet and finally have had a chance to read your posts! I miss my morning routines of coffee and reading. I hope you are enjoying your vacation and that you've gotten some rain. Tucson finally got a rain storm or so I've heard. I'll be back in a week from this exhausting trip....I can't wait to write this series when I get back....lots of cool stuff. Hope you have a good weekend with your family! Saludos de Panama

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments & questions! Happy Gardening from David/ Tropical Texana

Related Posts with Thumbnails