Tuesday, March 22, 2011

WILDFLOWER BEAUTIES BY THE BAYOU ~ HAPPY WILDFLOWER WEDNESDAY

I wish these wildflowers would last the entire summer, but alas, they are here for a few short weeks and then they fade away. But summer brings a new host of wildflowers to enjoy. These were taken along the 11th Street Bridge along White Oak Bayou here in Houston. To see more of this month's wildflowers all over the world, visit our wonderful host Gail at Clay & Limestone http://www.clayandlimestone.com/ .

wild sweet pea

some other wild pea

wild dewberries or blackberries

cow vetch (?)

evening primrose  (some call it a buttercup)

another wild sweet pea

Texas bluebonnet, our State flower!

A patch of bluebonnets intermingled with last season's grass stems.

Thanks for stopping by. David/ Tropical Texana/ Houston

2 comments:

  1. David, I am so glad you are a part of WW~Fabulous photos of some of my favorite flowers~I don't even mind that Evening Primrose has gone from one flower that slipped in with another, to thousands! gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some lovely wildflowers to photograph! Especially the sweetpeas. I should try my hand at growing some.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments & questions! Happy Gardening from David/ Tropical Texana

Related Posts with Thumbnails