Wednesday, July 6, 2011

GARDEN BLOG VISITORS: MY FAVORITE FUN PLACE NAMES

French Lick, Indiana...one of my favorite place names  (image courtesy of Wikipedia)


Besides gardening and nature, geography is something that's always fascinated me ( I have a map on my header).
 I LOVE maps.
 I collect maps.
 And I want to know everything about the places I hear about. Right now I'm fascinated with the southernmost third of South America....I'm looking for a climate twin to Coastal Texas. Maybe Buenos Aires? Oooops... I digress..back to the topic....

Over the past year of garden blogging, I think the part that fascinates me most is the variety of visitors to garden blogs. People across the world LOVE gardens.  Most just stop by to have a short look around or view a picture. Others become garden friends and these I cherish most (more about that in another post).  For now, I'd like to share the top 10 or so fun place names of visitors to Tropical Texana.  Hats off to the gardeners there!

 To really do it right, put on your radio announcer voice and say them out loud. Ladies and Gentlemen, here they are: 
1. French Lick, Indiana
2. Ash Flat, Arkansas
3. Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
4. Red Deer, Alberta
5. Kokomo, Indiana
6. Far Rockaway, New York
7. Wolverine, Michigan
8. Oconomowoc, Wisconsin (I hoped I spelled that correctly)
9. Ponchatoula, Louisiana
10. Death Valley, California 
Bonus  11. Botany, New South Wales, Australia  (imagine living in Botany)
Bonus: 12. Temecula, California (that's fun to say!)
And finally.....the island of French Polynesia ( I can just imagine the palm trees swaying..ahhh)

Did I leave out Texas?
So many visitors, so many names. It's too hard to pick just one favorite. I like them all.

I'm still waiting for my first garden visitor from Iceland. Do you think they have gardens there? I hope so.
So, thanks for stopping by today. And remember, comments don't tell the whole story. If you have blogger, click on stats, then the audience tab. You may be surprised to see someone from Romania or Botswana is visiting your garden right now! 
 :-) David

1 comment:

  1. So I am not the only one that finds it interesting how people find my blog and where they come from. Thanks for stopping by my spot on the web. Happy one year blogging anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments & questions! Happy Gardening from David/ Tropical Texana

Related Posts with Thumbnails