Sunday, February 13, 2011

BOTTLE TREE for VALENTINE'S DAY

I made a bottle tree for my wife's Valentine's Day present. When I pulled open the window shades, she was a bit surprised to say the least. I like to keep her off guard.
Happy Valentine's Day. Hope your day is special. :-)


Right now the bottle tree is tied to a stump until it takes root. LOL
Just kidding. This is its temporary home next to the windows. It will be moved to the garden later.

There are many stories about bottle trees. It is a garden tradition in the Deep South. I still don't know why the bottles need to be blue but I'm sure there's a good reason. I'll replace the green ones with blue as soon as I can find more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate your comments & questions! Happy Gardening from David/ Tropical Texana

Related Posts with Thumbnails