Oh, and if one of these is your favorite, please tell me. I'd love to know. Thanks.
A few facts & my experience with Brugmansias:
1. They tolerate NO frost, but are very root hardy and regrow faster than any plant outside of vines and bamboo. In a light frost, they will sprout from the stems and regrow even faster. They can bloom in one season after freezing back to the ground. That's amazing!
2. They are quite poisonous. Do NOT grow indoors around pets and small children.
3. They are prone to love high humidity and droop in low humidity. They can recover from dry spells.
4. They are very thirsty plants and need watering daily in temps above 92 degrees.
5. They can grow into small trees and have beautiful foliage and flowers.
6. I have two varieties and really enjoy the fragrance of one. The other is overpowering.
7. I would recommend this plant for Hawaii, Australia, Tropical Asia, Central America, Central & South Florida, Puerto Rico and the West Indies. It can be grown outdoors in Houston and San Antonio (?).
8. They readily root from cuttings or directly in moist soil.
9. They are native to subtropical South America.
Thanks for stopping by Tropical Texana.