Sunday, October 3, 2010

MACRO MONDAY ~ DRAGONFLY IN NEED OF REST


















Isn't it nice when teenagers connect with nature? We have a wildlife garden, so our son is used to critters.


Yesterday, our 15 year old  brought us a poor dragonfly damaged by all the wind along the beach at Galveston.
We put it under the umbrella and gave it a nice rest. Why there were dragonflies all over the windy sand dunes is beyond me. Maybe it's a great place for mosquito hunting.
The complete Macro Monday collection is over at Lisa's Chaos. Go visit! :-)
http://lisaschaos.com/




14 comments:

  1. My, oh my, that dragonfly is huge. Oh, I forgot, you're in TX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never imagined dragonflies hanging out at the beach. Great shots-- especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Here's lookin' at YOU kid"....I've tried and tried to photograph a dragon fly, to no avail. These photos are super!

    If you care to stop by for my macro photo this week, HERE IS THE LINK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shots, don't see them around that often. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it's fabulous when a teenager is interested in nature! And this is a neat dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all who came to visit! Have a super day. David/ Tropical Texana/ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love him! And I love that your son is still interested in insects and such! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melanie,
    I'm glad I thought to look up what you wrote about where to find your blog, because when I had clicked on your name to get to your profile, I got a message that your profile was private.

    My son is now 31, and still has that love for nature. The poor dragonfly! I hope your son keeps his tender heart for nature, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the close up picture of the dragonfly face! And yes, we do have cool weather now! Its 8AM and 52 degrees. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments & questions! Happy Gardening from David/ Tropical Texana

Related Posts with Thumbnails