Wednesday, October 20, 2010

FROM THE BOTANY BOOKSHELF: 3 MEXICO STYLE GARDEN BOOKS

What kind of garden style fits your region and your vision?  Mine is a Fusion Garden Style (some would say ConFusion Garden style!).   Here are three books from my garden library that beautifully illustrate Mexican Garden Styles. My tropical garden most closely fits the gardens in the Vera Cruz and Tampico areas. My favorite is Las Pozas in Xilitla...a jungle garden par excellence.
                   "In a Mexican Garden"  photos by Melba Levick  2005   200photographs/ 176pages
                     "Paraiso Mexicano" by Marie Pierre Colle  2002    280photographs/240pages
                         "Gardens of Mexico" by Antonio Haas 1993  216photographs/223 pages
Thanks for stopping by Tropical Texana.  Visit Cindy at My Corner of Katy for another 3 for Thursday. And please feel free to make up your own. It's a fun way to add to your garden blog.
And.....if you have any other books on this topic, please leave a comment. I'm always on the lookout for gardening books.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen too many books on the subject! I'm fascinated with regional tropical styles, and like to lean towards "Balinese" myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have In a Mexican Garden too! It was strange seeing it pictured in your blog today, I thought to myself...that looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have a tropical garden but that dream was squashed when we moved it Wisconsin, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RF: I have Balinese books I'll post next time.
    Balinese what I aim for, until a freeze brings my tropical garden to its knees.
    HGG: Glad you came to visit. It's a great book, isn't it?
    L: Yep, Wisconsin and tropical gardens probably don't match up well on the zone map. But you get to grow APPLES!!!! We have no such luck.
    David/ Tropical Texana :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read and memorized the pages of the 1st and 3rs books.....they are great. I have a friend who has them in her house and they are absolutely great reads....I only wish I could avocado here:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look like great books! Perhaps I'll see if I can find them through the library. Or I could run by B&N to look for them. Thanks for joining in on 34Th.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments & questions! Happy Gardening from David/ Tropical Texana

Related Posts with Thumbnails