Sunday, April 10, 2011

ON PATROL: HAPPY MACRO MONDAY

I was out this weekend and enjoyed seeing some hard working little fellows. I rely on them day in and day out since I try to avoid poisons unless it's the very last option.
The jumping spiders wave their mandibles and stare right at you, unafraid. In fact, both of them jumped on my camera lens when I got too close. The lizard is a baby green anole. For more macros, visit our host Lisa, at http://lisaschaos.com/ .
A brown, black and white jumping spider. Sorry this is sideways. The download flipped it. Just turn your head. :-)

A metallic green jumping spider. He's the size of your pinky fingernail.

Cute, isn't he?
Thanks for visiting. David/ :-)

8 comments:

  1. That is so cool....I love the anole. We don't have those little guys around here. Hope you got a lot done:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good shots of the spiders, although I am not crazy about spiders, the little lizard guy is cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cameras are the only thing that would get me that close to critters like this! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That anole is so darned cute! Unfortunately, we don't have them where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spiders? Meet Anole...Anole, meet spiders!! Yum.

    My Link for today:
    Hot pink...BEAUTY and the BEAST

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that first spider photo! nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the metallic green armor on the second spider...he looks quite prepared to do battle!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments & questions! Happy Gardening from David/ Tropical Texana

Related Posts with Thumbnails