Thursday, August 18, 2011

NEW EASY TO READ GARDEN ZONE MAP FOR NORTH AMERICA

As you can see, the drought is getting to me psychologically.
The red x's mark the weather stations I keep up with in hopes of seeing a cooling trend.
I'm not letting any cool weather sneak up on me. I'll be ready and smiling.
#1 Alert,Canada
#2 Resolute, Canada
#3 Eureka, Canada
#4 Baker Lake, Canada
#5 Leaf Rapids, Manitoba, Canada
#6 Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (2,000 miles north of Houston)
#7 Omaha, Nebraska (1,000 miles north of Houston)
#8 Houston

Someday it will be cooler! Today it was 104 degrees here in the Bayou City.

 PLANTS THAT YOU CAN GROW IN HOUSTON TEXAS

Dead Grass

CLOUDY DAY IN HOUSTON TEXAS

We get excited when we see clouds. It's that bad.

All for now. Thanks for stopping by. David/

6 comments:

  1. Oh I would be laughing out loud if only I didn't understand what heat and drought do to a gardener, well anyone really! Of course your heat right now is just horrid. I'm still remembering all you poor drought affected gardeners in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am monitoring the south - looking for hurricanes and the rain they might bring! "Garden if you dare" is very appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if we collected all the tears of Texas gardeners we would have enough to water our gardens. I always say if you can garden in Texas you can garden anywhere! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We DO get excited to see clouds these days! One big cloud brought us about 5 raindrops recently, and I said to my kids, "Look carefully, children. Those wet things are called raindrops. Not sure if you remember what rain is, but one day we may see it again." I got a good eyeroll out of it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The list of plants we can currently grow here sums up our situation precisely. Even my succulents are struggling. The ONLY things still going strong in my yard are my gardenia, which seems to be happiest if it is only watered once every couple of weeks, and my two baby citrus trees (which get a little drink about 2x/week). All three of those are in pots. Everything else outside (with the exception of one little echeveria which is hanging on) is toast.

    Sigh.

    At this point it's even hard to read gardening blogs any more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 100 here, 106 tomorrow. Hot today, hot tamale.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments & questions! Happy Gardening from David/ Tropical Texana

Related Posts with Thumbnails