Monday, August 9, 2010

SUMMER PROJECTS 2010

I went back to work today for the first time. I'm a schoolteacher and it's time for me to close down my summer projects. Of course, I'll get back to them...uh...soon?
PROJECT 1: The Driveway
Our son brought his car home from college and rather than park it on the street, I put in a gravel parking area.
It was a lot of work, but it is finished! Yea!

After he leaves, I'm not certain what we will do with the area. Maybe I'll put some nice potted plants in the spot.
PROJECT 2: EAST SIDE PAINT JOB

Thankfully, I finished this project two days ago. You can see my water catchment idea. The water from the air conditioner drips from the attic downspout into the barrel. I harvest about 3 to 5 gallons a day. The barrel holds 50 gallons and it's full most of the time.

PROJECT 3: THE FENCE:

I really loved doing this project because it almost...yes, almost ...seemed like a garden project. It's not done, but my younger son and I will finish when it gets cooler.

PROJECT 4: Going down to visit our farm

We got word from my dad (pictured) that they were harvesting our corn crop down in Danevang, Texas.

It was exciting for our boys to see the harvest. Our youngest one rode the combine!
Danevang is the Danish Capital of Texas. It has a Danish Heritage Museum, a church, and a homestead to tour. But wait until it is cooler! It was a 100 degrees in the field that day.

The museum is amazing if you are a history buff!


And my final summer project: to start a garden blog... :-)
Thanks for stopping by.

Daylily 'Marie Babin'

3 comments:

  1. Well it seems to me you did pretty darn good! Happy back to school! A little part of me envies those of you who still live by that calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your projects, they are all jobs well done. The fence will be lovely once it is finished. Fits in beautifully.

    Children here do not go back to school until 7th Sept. Obviously you break much earlier than we do......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been knocking the projects off your to-do list. Glad you started the blog too. Hope your classroom has AC!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments & questions! Happy Gardening from David/ Tropical Texana

Related Posts with Thumbnails